Here is where will find documents that will assist you in completing the 2019 FIM licensing and attempt application required for a World Record attempt at the Bonneville Motorcycle Speed Trials.
FIM entry consists of 3 parts:
A) Bonneville Motorcycle Speed Trials event Entry Form
B) Rider Licensing
C) World Record Application
ALL 3 parts must be completed and submitted to the AMA and BMST by the 30 Day Prior to event start deadline to compete for a World Record attempt.
- Each part may have multiple items to submit.
- Printable checklist is available below in the additional information section.
(A) Bonneville Motorcycle Speed Trials entry (Completed online)
(B) Rider Licensing (Submitted for processing and approval to the AMA).
- 2019 FIM License Application. Note: The designated IMN for BMST is 197/02. BMST License application coming soon.
- AMA 2019 Annual Participant Release (Adult or Minor)- Must be printed in color and mailed to the AMA
- FIM Medical History & Examination. Note: Exercise EKG required for participants over 50 years old. Results are valid for 3 years.
- FIM Anti-Doping Code. Read the full code online. Submit Appendix 3-Rider Consent form
Forms can be found at http://www.americanmotorcyclist.com/Racing/International-Competition
(C) World record attempt application (Submitted to the AMA for processing and forwarding to the FIM)
- World record attempt application.
- Photos certifying the condition of the machine (2 photos with fairing and 2 without fairings), the effectiveness of the safety points (photos of each point). Digital format required. Please use hi-res 500kb or larger to ensure that the bike can bee seen. All machines must provide photos- even if it has participated before in the same configuration.
PDF checklist for USA Residents – Click Here
PDF checklist for International Residents. –Click Here International Residents must complete part (B) & (C) in accordance with your local FMN, To find the organization in your country click here.
Need assistance with you bike classification?
If you know your AMA class designation click here. This chart is for information only. It should not replace reading and understanding the FIM rules and classifications. The Event promoter will not be held responsible if you incorrectly classify your vehicle.
Your documentation for part (B) & (C) is to be submitted to the AMA 30 days prior to event start. Address and contact details are listed on the 2019 FIM License application.
- Part (b) and (c) is due 30 days prior to event start.
- This must be submitted to FIM 30 days prior to the event. The AMA will forward your paperwork to the FIM after submittal. We have set deadlines for the paperwork to arrive at the AMA to ensure we have enough time to confirm it’s complete and submit it to the FIM. If you do not meet the deadlines we cannot guarantee that your paperwork will be submitted in time (deadlines are listed on the checklist)
- Each motorcycle and/or each class will require a separate World Record Attempt Application (part b). This is also true if you compete in an additional class (i.e. with fairing (div b) and without fairings (div a)) with the same vehicle. Please include full Category/Group/Division/Type/Class/No. of Cylinders in the appropriate sections on the World Record Attempt Application.
- If you have one vehicle but more than one rider, BOTH riders must be licensed to be eligible for the world record attempt. You need also to submit a WR application for each rider, and an additional rider form for BMST entry.
- There is NO longer a certification fee charged for Successful Attempts after the meet, as in years past. Certification is included in your FIM License fee and BMST Entry fee.